Posted: September 21st, 2011 | Author: Alex Braunstein | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: 24 hour, alexandria, arlington, dc notary, mobile, washington dc | No Comments »
Was recently visiting Washington DC to see some friends from college and I had a notary emergency. It was late on Saturday, but My DC Notary came through. I’ve had to notarize a few things in DC and this was by far the best experience. Before this time I didn’t even know that mobile 24/7 notary services existed. If you need a notary in dc you should absolutely use this service. They also have a second service in Virginia, specifically Alexandria and Arlington. If you need a notary in either of these towns you should use notary in dc and Virginia.
While I hope I never have another notarizing emergency, I wanted to write them up because I know they happen often and this was as stress free as any emergency notary experience can be. The Yelp page of Mydcnotary is here.
Posted: September 7th, 2011 | Author: Alex Braunstein | Filed under: Uncategorized | No Comments »
Today Chomp released its monthly App Search Analytics Report. Along with the standard set of analytics, we dug into search traffic for the queries hurricane and earthquake. Both saw huge temporal spikes in traffic, which are outlined in the highlights below:
- Query traffic for the term hurricane spiked >2000% and Hurricane Irene’s formation, warning, and landfall were all correlated with movement in search traffic.
- A 250% spike was seen during the formation of Tropical Storm Emily.
- Search traffic for earthquake apps was up 2000% immediately after the 5.8 magnitude event in Virginia.
- Paid downloads dropped by 4% on Android, the first drop after three month of consecutive gains
- iOS paid downloads increased by 1%
For a full summary see the Chomp Blog.
Chomp Charts August