Today Chomp released its monthly App Search Analytics Report. Along with the standard set of analytics, we dug into search traffic for the queries hurricane and earthquake. Both saw huge temporal spikes in traffic, which are outlined in the highlights below:
- Query traffic for the term hurricane spiked >2000% and Hurricane Irene’s formation, warning, and landfall were all correlated with movement in search traffic.
- A 250% spike was seen during the formation of Tropical Storm Emily.
- Search traffic for earthquake apps was up 2000% immediately after the 5.8 magnitude event in Virginia.
- Paid downloads dropped by 4% on Android, the first drop after three month of consecutive gains
- iOS paid downloads increased by 1%
For a full summary see the Chomp Blog.